Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rebecca Bauer Rebecca Bauer is offline

Default Section Break - Footer won't hold

I have a 450 page document (set as a table). I want pages 15 - 22 to have a
footer. No other footers exist in the doucment. I inserted a section break
Same as Previous so it is OFF. I now have the footer on page 15, but not 16
or any other page. Once this problem is fixed, then I may need help turning
it off on page 23. Any ideas? Rebecca
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming you have just three sections (pages 1-14, 15-22, and 23-450), you
need to unlink the footers in all three sections (that is, turn "Same as
Previous" off in both Section 2 and Section 3). From your description, I
would guess that you have "Different first page" enabled, and you have
inserted your footer text into the First Page Footer of Section 2. You'll
need to put it in the Footer as well (or disable "Different first page" for
Section 2), but note that you will have to unlink both footers from Section
1, as linking is independent for each type of footer; for more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"Rebecca Bauer" wrote in message
news
I have a 450 page document (set as a table). I want pages 15 - 22 to have

footer. No other footers exist in the doucment. I inserted a section

break

clicked