Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jones

Default Need to have small text in the right margin.

I want to place a small amount of text in the right margin. However I need
the top of the text to be parralell to the right edge of the page. I don't
want to inset a text box. Is there a way to format this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tia Nevitt

It sounds like you want a sort of header/footer, but on the right side of the
page instead of on top or bottom.

Try using two columns. You can make one column take up most of the page,
and the column to the right take up a narrow portion. Push the right margin
slider over almost to the edge of the page so it appears like the text is in
the margin. Tinker with the margins until it looks right.

Of course, most of the right column would be blank, but it sounds like that
is what you want?

Use a column break to force the text to break between one column and the
next. If you want to continue on with the rest of the document set up
normally, use a section break. In fact, you may want to set up your section
breaks and columns before you start entering any text, so you know that you
have it right ahead of time.

"Jones" wrote:

I want to place a small amount of text in the right margin. However I need
the top of the text to be parralell to the right edge of the page. I don't
want to inset a text box. Is there a way to format this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jones

This works but I need two more things. First I need the text in the right
column to be seperate from the text on the left. As it is now the test in the
right column is a continuation of the text from the left column. Second I
need to format the text in the right column to read from top to bottom but
with the top of the text to be parallel with the right edge of the page.

"Jones" wrote:

I want to place a small amount of text in the right margin. However I need
the top of the text to be parralell to the right edge of the page. I don't
want to inset a text box. Is there a way to format this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

This is exactly the purpose for which a text boxes is created. The text in it
does not flow from any other text, and it can be rotated to read vertically.
If you need the same margin text on every page, the text box should be
created while viewing a header or footer - it can be anywhere on a page, not
necessarily at top or bottom.
An alternative would be a two-column table, with the left column containing
the document text, the right column you margin notes. Text in table cells can
also be written vertically.
--
Ted