Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lindy lindy is offline

Default Alignment

I need three people to sign a document but I can't seen to get it right. It
needs to look as follows:

John James Jeff Smith
Julie Jones
Principal Assistant Principal
Secretary

The titles do not line up under the names. I am doing a left align, a
center align and a right align.

I so appreciate the help I get from all of you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Try either an unruled table, or just set left tabs at the appropriate points.
Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Lindy" wrote:

I need three people to sign a document but I can't seen to get it right. It
needs to look as follows:

John James Jeff Smith
Julie Jones
Principal Assistant Principal
Secretary

The titles do not line up under the names. I am doing a left align, a
center align and a right align.

I so appreciate the help I get from all of you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use two left-aligned tab stops instead. Experiment with placement (this is
easiest if you are dragging the tab markers on the ruler) till you get the
spacing you want. If you use a line break (Shift+Enter) after "Julie Jones,"
the two lines will be in the same paragraph, so any change you make in the
tab stop placement in one line will apply to the other as well.

John JamestabJeff SmithtabJulie Jones
PrincipaltabAssistant PrincipaltabSecretary

If you need to add signature lines above the names, then you can add
additional tab stops for the line ends. Instead of giving the tab an
underline leader, just underline the tab character:

underlined tabtabunderlined tabtabunderlined tab