Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin Ed Mullikin is offline

Default Wrong Venue

I know I'm in the wrong newsgroup but perhaps someone can tell me the
correct one if I state my problem: Microsoft used to have a program called
(I think) Photodraw. It is no longer supported and my computer spit it out.
It would allow me to put maneuverable "thought" balloons over a character's
head in a photo which was quite useful for a paper I edit. Other photo
programs will do that but cumbersomely and are not nearly as flexible as the
Photodraw program. Any recommendations?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

SnagIt by TechSmith.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Ed Mullikin wrote:
I know I'm in the wrong newsgroup but perhaps someone can tell me the
correct one if I state my problem: Microsoft used to have a program
called (I think) Photodraw. It is no longer supported and my
computer spit it out. It would allow me to put maneuverable "thought"
balloons over a character's head in a photo which was quite useful
for a paper I edit. Other photo programs will do that but
cumbersomely and are not nearly as flexible as the Photodraw program.
Any recommendations?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Publisher would allow you to do that quite nicely.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I know I'm in the wrong newsgroup but perhaps someone can tell me the
correct one if I state my problem: Microsoft used to have a program called
(I think) Photodraw. It is no longer supported and my computer spit it
out. It would allow me to put maneuverable "thought" balloons over a
character's head in a photo which was quite useful for a paper I edit.
Other photo programs will do that but cumbersomely and are not nearly as
flexible as the Photodraw program. Any recommendations?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

SnagIt is a great program. I love it for annotating maps. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
SnagIt by TechSmith.

--

Ed Mullikin wrote:
I know I'm in the wrong newsgroup but perhaps someone can tell me the
correct one if I state my problem: Microsoft used to have a program
called (I think) Photodraw. It is no longer supported and my
computer spit it out. It would allow me to put maneuverable "thought"
balloons over a character's head in a photo which was quite useful
for a paper I edit. Other photo programs will do that but
cumbersomely and are not nearly as flexible as the Photodraw program.
Any recommendations?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 20:34:14 -0500, Ed Mullikin wrote:

I know I'm in the wrong newsgroup but perhaps someone can tell me the
correct one if I state my problem: Microsoft used to have a program called
(I think) Photodraw. It is no longer supported and my computer spit it out.
It would allow me to put maneuverable "thought" balloons over a character's
head in a photo which was quite useful for a paper I edit. Other photo
programs will do that but cumbersomely and are not nearly as flexible as the
Photodraw program. Any recommendations?

Hi!
FastStone Capture.
It is freeware and no-nonsense. As user-friendly as can be.
http://www.faststone.org/download.htm
--
Cheers
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On the AutoShape menu on the Drawing toolbar in Word there are several
speech and thought balloon shapes in the Callout palette. If your photo is
In Line With Text, format these as In Front of Text.

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I know I'm in the wrong newsgroup but perhaps someone can tell me the
correct one if I state my problem: Microsoft used to have a program

called
(I think) Photodraw. It is no longer supported and my computer spit it

out.
It would allow me to put maneuverable "thought" balloons over a

character's
head in a photo which was quite useful for a paper I edit. Other photo
programs will do that but cumbersomely and are not nearly as flexible as

the
Photodraw program. Any recommendations?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin Ed Mullikin is offline

Thank you for clearing up a problem that I have had with what you describe
in some of my Word documents but I am looking for a "Photo" program that
will do it easily like the old Microsoft "Photodraw". (I think I have the
name correct.)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On the AutoShape menu on the Drawing toolbar in Word there are several
speech and thought balloon shapes in the Callout palette. If your photo is
In Line With Text, format these as In Front of Text.

so
all may benefit.

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I know I'm in the wrong newsgroup but perhaps someone can tell me the
correct one if I state my problem: Microsoft used to have a program

called
(I think) Photodraw. It is no longer supported and my computer spit it

out.
It would allow me to put maneuverable "thought" balloons over a

character's
head in a photo which was quite useful for a paper I edit. Other photo
programs will do that but cumbersomely and are not nearly as flexible as

the
Photodraw program. Any recommendations?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Many photo editing programs will do that. Take your pick

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~