Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Leslie is offline

Default how can I add specific custom dictionaries to all users' setups?

I have some new custom dictionaries that all my users should use. How can
custom dictionaries be added other than by getting them to do it themselves?
I investigated using the Custom Maintenance Wizard; it doesn't cover custom
dictionaries.
We use Word 2003 on Windows 2000/XP
Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TGVzbGll?=,

I have some new custom dictionaries that all my users should use. How can
custom dictionaries be added other than by getting them to do it themselves?
I investigated using the Custom Maintenance Wizard; it doesn't cover custom
dictionaries.
We use Word 2003 on Windows 2000/XP

Probably best to direct this question to the office.setup newsgroup. I think
there are two basic steps: finding out where Word will look for the
dictionaries, and making sure Word knows to use these new dictionaries.

A custom dictionary can be saved in any location, but by default Word should
pick up anything in the folder where the *.lex files are. There appears to be
a Registry key for the dictionaries Word currently recognizes:
HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Shared Tools/Proofing tools/Custom dictionaries

But, as I say, the folks in office.setup can probably tell you what the
"right" way is to do this...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Leslie is offline

Default how can I add specific custom dictionaries to all users' setup

Thanks Cindy,
I will follow your suggestion.

Prior to posting the question I checked the registry settings on my PC
concerning custom dictionaries. The registry stored together information
about both current and disused dictionaries. The function of this information
seemed ambiguous, so I considered it best not to play with it.

Hi ?B?TGVzbGll?=,