Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JanuaryStars JanuaryStars is offline

Default Indenting First Line - AutoFormat Not Working

When I write papers I want the first line of every paragraph indented. It
used to be that after a couple of paragraphs it would pick up on my style and
automatically start indenting the first line of my paragraphs when I started
a new one. Suddenly it stopped doing this a few months ago and I can't
figure out why. No matter how many times I start a new paragraph with an
indented line it will not pick up on my style and AutoFormat it.

When I go to "AutoFormat as You Type" I have all of the options checked,
including "set left and first indent with tabs and backspaces" and "define
styles based on your formatting." I cannot figure out what other options I
could change to fix this problem. It's driving me crazy! Please help!