Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
annoyed@twats annoyed@twats is offline

Default type remove following character

how do i get rid of this stupid setting that when i go back to fix a word i
spelled wrong it replaces the next character. for instance, if i type:

the people who created microsoft office are complete and utter cnuts thats
why next time i will be downloading a copy off an illegal torrent site

then i try press backspace to get rid of the "n" and the "u" to amend it,
but it then replaces the character to:

the people who created microsoft office are complete and utter cus thats why
next time i will be downloading a copy off an illegal torrent site
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the application is so bad, then why would you want to download an illegal
copy? In any case it is nothing to do with the software but the operator.
You are in overtype mode. Press INS once!