Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
johmont johmont is offline

Default deleting page numbers

I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a page as
well as in the upper right corner. How do I get rid of the center bottom
page numbers?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Double-click in the footer area at the bottom of the page to activate it.
Click on the page number to select it, and press Delete.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

johmont wrote:
I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a
page as well as in the upper right corner. How do I get rid of the
center bottom page numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And if you used Insert | Page Numbers to insert the page numbers, with the
result that the page number is in a frame, make sure you delete the frame as
well as the PAGE field code.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Double-click in the footer area at the bottom of the page to activate it.
Click on the page number to select it, and press Delete.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.