Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Guy Delaney[_2_] Guy Delaney[_2_] is offline

Default Printer IP Address

When I turn my computer off at night and back on in the morning, the IP
address of my printer changes so I have to reconfigure the printer port with
the new IP address before I can print. How can I get my printer port IP
address to stay the same?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Not a Word question. Ask your IT team.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
When I turn my computer off at night and back on in the morning, the IP
address of my printer changes so I have to reconfigure the printer port
with the new IP address before I can print. How can I get my printer port
IP address to stay the same?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You reserve an IP address for the printer on your DHCP server (possibly part
of your router if you are on a home network) assigning it permanently to
your printer. Depending on your printer, you may have to set the printer to
always use that IP address.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP