Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arne Hegefors Arne Hegefors is offline

Default Group circle with screen dump

Hi! I have a screen dump that I have pasted into a word-file. I want to mark
a certain area of the screen dump and therefore I have made a circle using
the autoshapes in Word. Now I want to group the screen dunp with the circle
so that if I move the screen dump the circle will follow and stay at the same
place. How can I do this? please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Arne,
After pasting your screendump, select it and activate the picture toolbar,
click on the text wrapping icon, choose tight or above and beyond as long it
is not in line with text. Select the circle and the screendump, use
shift+click and group it.
--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
Hi! I have a screen dump that I have pasted into a word-file. I want to
mark
a certain area of the screen dump and therefore I have made a circle using
the autoshapes in Word. Now I want to group the screen dunp with the
circle
so that if I move the screen dump the circle will follow and stay at the
same
place. How can I do this? please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arne Hegefors Arne Hegefors is offline

thanks. i can group it but the circle becomes hidden behind the screendump.
it doe snot matter if i choose in front of text, tight. above etc. How can I
fix this? any help appreciated!

"Luc" skrev:

Arne,
After pasting your screendump, select it and activate the picture toolbar,
click on the text wrapping icon, choose tight or above and beyond as long it
is not in line with text. Select the circle and the screendump, use
shift+click and group it.
--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"Arne Hegefors" schreef in bericht
Hi! I have a screen dump that I have pasted into a word-file. I want to
mark
a certain area of the screen dump and therefore I have made a circle using
the autoshapes in Word. Now I want to group the screen dunp with the
circle
so that if I move the screen dump the circle will follow and stay at the
same
place. How can I do this? please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Arne,
If you draw you circle after you have inserted the screendump it will stay
on top.

Alternatively, you could paste the screendump in a graphic application, draw
your circles on top of it and save the lot. Then you could use Insert -
picture from file. This is easily done in an application like SnagIt, but
Paint would be suitable too.

Or use the drawing canvas, tools - options - general tab - way at the bottom
check show drawing canvas. Draw a circle and the canvas will appear, insert
your saved screendump, position and draw your circles.

--

"Luc" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi Arne,

In addition to Luc's suggestions ...

As well as controlling the text wrapping of graphics, you can also control
the order in which floating (i.e. not in line with text) graphics appear. In
Word 2003, you can select a single graphic and right-click it, and from the
menu that appears, choose Order, then in the sub-menu that appears, choose
the option you want. In Word 2007 the right-click menu for a graphic seems to
have an Order sub-menu or "Bring to Front" and "Send to Back" sub-menus
depending on what type of graphic it is.

There's a lot of useful info about this sort of stuff at the following link:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/DrawingGraphics.htm

Regards.

Ed