Kevin S.

Default Protect document button not available

I open a document originally created in Word from Office 97. The document
was created as a form with text form fields without any protections I
believe. It had no password protections either. The padlock protect button
is grayed out and not available. When I go to too;s, protect document an
follow the steps to permit filling out the fields or any other choice it will
never allow the "Yes" option to proceed in step 3.

Any suggestions other than recreating?
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Turn on the Control Toolbox and click the Design Mode icon to ensure
that you are not in design mode...since you cannot protect a form that
is still in design mode. It must be off to allow protection.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Can't Protect Document? kalico Microsoft Word Help 4 March 21st 05 03:25 PM
insert macro button on word document DL Sima New Users 1 March 3rd 05 09:33 PM
How do I protect sections of document and still be able to change. lotechns Microsoft Word Help 1 December 7th 04 02:29 PM
Document object in protected form Bruce Tables 2 December 6th 04 07:09 PM