Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJM JJM is offline

Default when i go to print, the paper is blank

word 2007 is the only program that i am having an issue with printing. i go
to print but it just spits out paper
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you Print Preview the document, then can you see the text?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JJM" wrote in message
word 2007 is the only program that i am having an issue with printing. i
go
to print but it just spits out paper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJM JJM is offline

Yes I can see the text. I can print from notepad as well or email it and open
it up on a earlier version of word and print it just fine. Just wont print
with word 2007

"JJM" wrote in message
word 2007 is the only program that i am having an issue with printing. i
go
to print but it just spits out paper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

It's possible your printer is blending colors in order to print black. If
your color cartridge is out of ink, or heads needs cleaning, then that may
account for the blank pages.

Try the following:
- Create a new document
- Type some text
- Change the font color to Black. (Do not use the Automatic font color since
it's the one that may use a blend)

To make sure you are using black:
- From Font Color on the Home tab, click More Colors, click Custom, then
set Red, Green, Blue to 0. Or on the Standard Colors tab, click the big
black hexagon in the lower right corner.

- Print the document

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JJM" wrote in message
word 2007 is the only program that i am having an issue with printing.
go
to print but it just spits out paper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJM JJM is offline

I tried printing it solely in black and that did not work either. I don't
know if it's because I am running on Windows Vista or what. But like I said,
I can print it in Notebook and on an earlier version of word. Any other
suggestions?

"JJM" wrote in message
word 2007 is the only program that i am having an issue with printing.
go
to print but it just spits out paper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Have you checked for updated printer drivers?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JJM" wrote in message
word 2007 is the only program that i am having an issue with
printing.
go
to print but it just spits out paper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJM JJM is offline

Yes printer driver was updated. is there something that maybe i am missing
with word? is there a patch or something that maybe i have not downloaded to
have it work with vista or something? just doesnt make much sense to me

"JJM" wrote in message
word 2007 is the only program that i am having an issue with
printing.
go
to print but it just spits out paper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

How to troubleshoot print failures in Word 2007 and Word 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826845/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JJM" wrote in message
word 2007 is the only program that i am having an issue with
printing.
go
to print but it just spits out paper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
End user End user is offline

Welcome to the club - I can not get a document to show in print preview, nor
to print. I can print other documents without problem. How to troubleshoot
print failures in Word 2007 and Word 2003 does not offer any help as if makes
references to tabs not available such as developer. Interesting I can not
convert the saved file to PDF, it also generates a blank page.

"JJM" wrote in message
word 2007 is the only program that i am having an issue with
printing.
go
to print but it just spits out paper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Select the document and on the Home tab, click the dialog box launcher in
the Font group and make sure "Hidden" isn't selected.

Also, the Developer tab is not shown by default. To display it, click the
Office Button, click Word Options, and in the Popular options select "Show
Developer tab in the Ribbon". (But I don't see a reference to it in the
cited article???)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"End user" End wrote in message
Welcome to the club - I can not get a document to show in print preview,
nor
to print. I can print other documents without problem. How to
troubleshoot
print failures in Word 2007 and Word 2003 does not offer any help as if
makes
references to tabs not available such as developer. Interesting I can not
convert the saved file to PDF, it also generates a blank page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
End user[_2_] End user[_2_] is offline

I was not using hidden fronts, but the solution I found was to select all,
then click on normal style which fixed the failure to print the 3 page
document. Then I went back and made the style changes I needed. Of course
us old folks remember Word Perfect showing all formating unlike MS refusal to
show anythink but PP.