Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jose Jose is offline

Default What happened to the Blue Screen w/ White Text mode in Word 2007

In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted for 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Yes, it has

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Jose" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted for
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can still get that view... but, you'll need to do it through Windows'
settings, and it will affect all windows, not just Word.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Yes, it has

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Jose" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted for
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

shudder!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Jose" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read
documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted for
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AJAX AJAX is offline

So how would i go about changing those setting then?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

shudder!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Jose" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read
documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted for
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bigskyadams bigskyadams is offline

Default What happened to the Blue Screen w/ White Text mode in Word 20

Is there a possible "fix," "patch," or add-on that will return this feature
to word 2007? I'm a professional writer who suffers from tremendous migraine
headaches if I stare at a white screen all day. The blue screen makes it SO
much easier on my eyes, and thus my head. Why would they eliminate this
basic, extremely useful feature?

I guess I'll use Open Office or an older version of Word until this fix this.

"AJAX" wrote:

So how would i go about changing those setting then?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

shudder!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Jose" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read
documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted for
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Not at this time.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"AJAX" wrote:

So how would i go about changing those setting then?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

shudder!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Jose" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read
documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted
for
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

That was removed in Work 2007. Workarounds are to change your Display
Appearance or use a Page Color, found on the Page Layout tab. The key for
the latter is to use the Automatic Font color. That way the text will appear
white on a dark background and, since the page background doesn't print by
default, black/dark when printed or Previewed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"AJAX" wrote:

So how would i go about changing those setting then?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

shudder!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Jose" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read
documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted
for
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Lee Stewart David Lee Stewart is offline

I opened my normal template to set up all the changes that I want on each new
document. I also changed the background to a blue with automatic font. The
normal template looks good, but when I open a new document, it picks up all
my settings except for the blue background. What do I have to do to the
template to make my "designated" blue background the default background for
all documents?

Thanks - David

"AJAX" wrote:

So how would i go about changing those setting then?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

shudder!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Jose" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read
documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted
for
2007?

semboyan semboyan is offline
Junior Member

As a new user for the upgraded version of MS Word. I have many curiosity about the command and application. Can you help me on that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
detfrost1 detfrost1 is offline

That is unacceptable. You guys need to just create an update for this, and
add it as a toggle button.

"AJAX" wrote:

So how would i go about changing those setting then?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

shudder!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Jose" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and previous versions, there was an option to read
documents
with a blue background and white lettering. Has that been deleted
for
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Yeah you guys! Get on it!

(Somebody else can tell detfrost1 that we aren't "those guys"... ;-D)
--
Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

"AJAX" wrote:

So how would i go about changing those setting then?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

shudder!

--

JoAnn Paules