DougR

Default outline view

In Word 2000, I frequently moved around in large documents by switching to
outline view, placing insertion point in a heading, and switching back to
Normal view. I have now changed to Word 2003 and this no longer works. When I
switch back to Normal, the text displayed is not in the location I "selected"
in the outline.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to restore this capability?
Klaus Linke

Hi Doug,

That's a real PITA! I now use Shift+ArrowRight immediately after switching
views, which centers the view on the selection again. But I hope very much
that this will be fixed. Since many things don't get fixed unless a lot of
users complain, you might want to give your feedback on this bug:

Regards,
Klaus

"DougR" wrote:
In Word 2000, I frequently moved around in large documents by
switching to outline view, placing insertion point in a heading, and
switching back to Normal view. I have now changed to Word 2003
and this no longer works. When I switch back to Normal, the text
displayed is not in the location I "selected" in the outline.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to restore this

capability?

Klaus Linke

[Selection not visible after swiching from Outline View to Normal View in
Word2003]
Switching to Page Layout view, then to Normal view seems like another
possible work-around.
The problem seems to occur when Outline view doesn't display all text
(because heading levels are collapsed, or because only the first line of
paragraphs is shown).

Klaus