Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Carlton Carlton is offline

Default How do I disable outlook

Can I use another Email client other than Outlook. EG: Eudora
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

How do I disable outlook

First of all, I would be careful switching from Outlook to anything, as
switching back may not be completely straightforward if you have to do that.
I only say that because it /used/ to be tricky sometimes - it may be much
more straightforward now. I suggest you read the whole of this response
before making your choice. It might be useful to create a Restore Point in
Windows (e.g. Windows XP-Start-All Programs-Accessories-System
Tools-System Restore-Create a Restore Point)

If you are using Windows XP or Vista it is more a question of "selecting
Eudora to be your default e-mail package" than "disabling Outlook". In
Windows XP, look for Start-Set Program Access and Defaults, select Custom,
and select the radio button(s) next to Eudora. In Vista, try Start-Default
Programs and see where that leads you.

Can I use another Email client other than Outlook. EG: Eudora

For use as a normal e-mail client, the above switch should be enough. To
send mailmerges via e-mail, things may be a bit different.

Word Mailmerge requires that your e-mail client can use the MAPI standard. I
don't know about the current version of Eudora, but the last version I had
MAPI support as an option - you had to set it up somewhere in the Eudora
program options.

However, even MAPI support does not seem to be quite enough to make
MailMerge work. You can only try. If you are trying to send HTML-format
messages rather than plain text messages, Word seems to use MAPI features
that are only currently available in the full Outlook (not even Outlook
Express).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk