Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margie Mac

Default Any recommendations for good corruption software?

Hi - I recall using something called 'Am I a bad document' to check for doc
corruptions but wasn't amazed by it.

Can anyone recommend anything that identifies and where possible fixes
document corruptions in word? Not sure if something exists that also works
on spreadsheets and presentations too...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word itself (current versions) will usually tell you when a document is
corrupt, or, if you suspect it is corrupt, you can use the Open and Repair
option (Word 2002 and 2003). For earlier versions, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

"Margie Mac" wrote in message
Hi - I recall using something called 'Am I a bad document' to check for

doc
corruptions but wasn't amazed by it.

Can anyone recommend anything that identifies and where possible fixes
document corruptions in word? Not sure if something exists that also

works
on spreadsheets and presentations too...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margie Mac

Thanks Suzanne will give this a shot (I thought the repair function was for
programs rather than files so will have to research this a bit more).

Margot

"Margie Mac" wrote in message
Hi - I recall using something called 'Am I a bad document' to check for

doc
corruptions but wasn't amazed by it.

Can anyone recommend anything that identifies and where possible fixes
document corruptions in word? Not sure if something exists that also

works
on spreadsheets and presentations too...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

There are two separate "fix it" items in the latest versions of Word:

- The "Detect and Repair" command on the Help menu looks for damaged
program files and registry entries. In fact, it's just another way of
running the Office installer in its Maintenance mode.

- In the File Open dialog, you can select a file, click the down
arrow at the right end of the Open button, and select "Open and
Repair" from the dropdown menu. That will attempt to repair corruption
in the document as it opens. If it finds anything, you should get a
dialog that tells you what was fixed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman