How to stop erasing letters as I type new ones

Old May 8th 08, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richpro1111

Default How to stop erasing letters as I type new ones

When I type in an insert word in a sentence, the computer erases the
following word, letter by letter. Very annoying.
Old May 8th 08, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean-Guy Marcil[_2_]

"Richpro1111" wrote:

When I type in an insert word in a sentence, the computer erases the
following word, letter by letter. Very annoying.

This means you have accidently hit the "Insert" key on your keyboard.

Just hit it again to toggle back to normal behaviour.

Also, notice that when you toggle the insert mode, the letters OVR are
clearly visible in the status bar at the bottom of the Word window.
Old May 8th 08, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are in Overtype mode. Press the Insert key once, or double-click OVR on
the status bar.