Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Linda Linda is offline

Default Columns in a text box

How can I put columns in a text box or in an auto shape? I want to put
columned text on a white background over a colored backdrop.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Word, you cannot specify newspaper columns for text boxes or AutoShapes.
What you can do is use a two-column table in the text box. Alternatively,
place two text boxes side by side and link them, so that text flows from one
box to the next.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"linda" wrote in message
How can I put columns in a text box or in an auto shape? I want to put
columned text on a white background over a colored backdrop.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As Stefan says, you can't have snaking columns in a text box. Why not just
add white shading to your columnar text instead of putting it in a text box.

http://word.mvps.org

"linda" wrote in message
How can I put columns in a text box or in an auto shape? I want to put
columned text on a white background over a colored backdrop.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Linda Linda is offline

This worked great! Thank you so much. I made a large color-filled rectangle
in back of two text boxes and linked the text boxes. The text "snakes" just
fine and I have the design effect I wanted. Thanks for your help!

"linda" wrote in message
How can I put columns in a text box or in an auto shape? I want to put
columned text on a white background over a colored backdrop.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can put the colored background in a text box or AutoShape with Behind
Text wrapping or use Format | Background if you have a version in which
backgrounds can be printed. This is essentially what you did with your