Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Timirosa Timirosa is offline

Default Word freeze

Hi All,

My word 2002 stop answering all the times (I open a document, and try to
tape something), this only happen in word.
I already reinstall the application, but if I use another profile I dont
have this problem.
I dont have any error message.

Can some one help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Stop putting tape on your monitor. Ditto for paste. That's even messier.

Now that I've said that, Word stops answering what? And what are you trying
to "tape"?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Timirosa" wrote in message
Hi All,

My word 2002 stop answering all the times (I open a document, and try to
tape something), this only happen in word.
I already reinstall the application, but if I use another profile I don't
have this problem.
I don't have any error message.

Can some one help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You translate well. I thought maybe they were doing something with voice
controls.

I get it now - TYPE something, not TAPE something.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
answer = respond. It becomes unresponsive to input from the keyboard or
mouse.

so
all may benefit.

"Timirosa" wrote in message
Hi All,

My word 2002 stop answering all the times (I open a document, and try
tape something), this only happen in word.
I already reinstall the application, but if I use another profile I

don't
have this problem.
I don't have any error message.

Can some one help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Oh, I thought that was obvious and you were just being gratuitously
obnoxious. g

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
You translate well. I thought maybe they were doing something with voice
controls.

I get it now - TYPE something, not TAPE something.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
answer = respond. It becomes unresponsive to input from the keyboard or
mouse.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Timirosa" wrote in message
Hi All,

My word 2002 stop answering all the times (I open a document, and try
tape something), this only happen in word.
I already reinstall the application, but if I use another profile I

don't
have this problem.
I don't have any error message.

Can some one help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Nope, I was just being dense. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Timirosa" wrote in message
Hi All,

My word 2002 stop answering all the times (I open a document, and
try
tape something), this only happen in word.
I already reinstall the application, but if I use another profile I
don't
have this problem.
I don't have any error message.

Can some one help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens if you start Word with the /a switch (Start - Run - type
winword.exe /a)? Does Word respond correctly when you do that?

If so, then the problem might be a corrupted normal.dot, a misbehaving
add-in, or corrupted registry entries. Take a look at the trouble-shooting
steps shown he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP