Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How do I get two columns to act independantly in Word 2003?

This *can* be done in Word 2003, but I'm not sure I'd want to have to deal
with it (and note that it will not be backward-compatible). In Word 2003
(but not in earlier versions), wrapped tables can be broken across pages,
and of course wrapped tables can be placed side by side. Only one of the
tables would actually have to be wrapped. The other could be inline.

"hollerg" wrote in message
I should have expanded on my intent.

a) two 5 c X 70 r tables. (or longer)
b) visually side by side with a gap between them.
c) Each table shoulds be sortable. I would do this in excel but the
formating is easier in word
d) tables are individually sortable, but scroll with the slider bar

together

"hollerg" wrote:

I want two running, sortable lists, side-by-side in word 2003. I want

them
to run onto following pages, if necessary. How can I do this in word

2003?