Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lisak lisak is offline

Default tabbed sheets in Microsoft Word

Is it possible to create multiple tabbed sheets in Word, similar to Excel
where there are multiple sheets and the ability to rename Sheet 1, 2 or 3?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"lisak" wrote in message
Is it possible to create multiple tabbed sheets in Word, similar to Excel
where there are multiple sheets and the ability to rename Sheet 1, 2 or 3?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

This idea may be a stretch, so if the VBA experts could comment...

There is/are a macro(s) that assist with the writing of marginal text.
From what I remember of the macro, it writes to the left margin.
Could it be modified for the bottom margin?

Margin Text Macro (using Styles)
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Margin_Text.htm

--
Tom Conrad

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

No

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"lisak" wrote in message
Is it possible to create multiple tabbed sheets in Word, similar to Excel
where there are multiple sheets and the ability to rename Sheet 1, 2 or 3?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

My earlier post was a bit rushed. As I thought it over, and experimented a
little, i detemined that the marginal text macro would probably not work for
this idea.
The macro would merely place text into or adjacent to the footer area.

So, I thought, what about a macro that creates a toolbar locked to the
bottom of the screen. The toobar functions would essentially be goto
navigation functions. If the document was of a fixed length, then independent
tool buttons could be created for each fixed page. Since I have only a basic
knowledge of VBA, I cannot begin to understand how a tool bar could be
constructed to interface with a document of variable page length.

While this idea might be possible, it seems like a long way around to change
the page (macro experts please comment).
--
Tom Conrad

"Tom Conrad" wrote:

This idea may be a stretch, so if the VBA experts could comment...

There is/are a macro(s) that assist with the writing of marginal text.
From what I remember of the macro, it writes to the left margin.
Could it be modified for the bottom margin?

Margin Text Macro (using Styles)
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Margin_Text.htm

--
Tom Conrad