Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manny manny is offline

Default Word Mouse Scrolling Duplicates Text

The text in a Word document duplicates when we use a wheel mouse to scroll
up. Sometimes it takes while for it to happen but eventually it does it,
especially in a multi-page document that is scrolled really fast.

This happens to all our computers. Our computers are all less than a year
old (Dell and HP). They all run Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. We have all
Windows and Microsoft updates applied.

I see tons of postings on the Internet (outside of the Microsoft site)
talking about this problem, but no one has a definitive solution. I am hoping
someone here has a solution.

Manny
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does it stick, so that you actually get duplicated text in your
document? or is it just a delay thing, maybe because you need a new
screen driver, or a better video card?

On Nov 23, 12:06*am, Manny wrote:
The text in a Word document duplicates when we use a wheel mouse to scroll
up. Sometimes it takes while for it to happen but eventually it does it,
especially in a multi-page document that is scrolled really fast.

This happens to all our computers. Our computers are all less than a year
old (Dell and HP). They all run Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. We have all
Windows and Microsoft updates applied.

I see tons of postings on the Internet (outside of the Microsoft site)
talking about this problem, but no one has a definitive solution. I am hoping
someone here has a solution.

Manny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manny manny is offline

The duplication does *not* stick. If I re-open the document or save the
document it is back to normal. also, it seems to be only happening in normal
view which is the default view of Word. If I change it to Print view for
example it does not happen. BTW-The graphic cards on these computers are
pretty good and the drivers are the latest and greatest.

On Nov 23, 12:06 am, Manny wrote:
The text in a Word document duplicates when we use a wheel mouse to scroll
up. Sometimes it takes while for it to happen but eventually it does it,
especially in a multi-page document that is scrolled really fast.

This happens to all our computers. Our computers are all less than a year
old (Dell and HP). They all run Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. We have all
Windows and Microsoft updates applied.

I see tons of postings on the Internet (outside of the Microsoft site)
talking about this problem, but no one has a definitive solution. I am hoping
someone here has a solution.

Manny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manny manny is offline

yup, i am aware of that work-around. the users are very particular and do not
want work-arounds. its weird that there is so much chatter about this problem
on the internet but no real solution yet. strange.

"Manny" wrote:

The text in a Word document duplicates when we use a wheel mouse to scroll
up. Sometimes it takes while for it to happen but eventually it does it,
especially in a multi-page document that is scrolled really fast.

This happens to all our computers. Our computers are all less than a year
old (Dell and HP). They all run Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. We have all
Windows and Microsoft updates applied.

I see tons of postings on the Internet (outside of the Microsoft site)
talking about this problem, but no one has a definitive solution. I am hoping
someone here has a solution.

Manny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It sounds as though the display driver is not as great as you thought. Word
places surprising demands on the display driver. Is it any better if you
reduce the display's hardware acceleration?
http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/a...eleration.aspx

On Nov 23, 12:06 am, Manny wrote:
The text in a Word document duplicates when we use a wheel mouse to
scroll up. Sometimes it takes while for it to happen but eventually
it does it, especially in a multi-page document that is scrolled
really fast.

This happens to all our computers. Our computers are all less than
a year old (Dell and HP). They all run Windows XP Pro and Office
2003. We have all Windows and Microsoft updates applied.

I see tons of postings on the Internet (outside of the Microsoft
site) talking about this problem, but no one has a definitive
solution. I am hoping someone here has a solution.

Manny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adrian Adrian is offline

I believe this is a hotfix that Word has made available:
957706 Description of the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package
(Winword.msp): October 28, 2008

You will need to call support to get it.

"Manny" wrote:

The text in a Word document duplicates when we use a wheel mouse to scroll
up. Sometimes it takes while for it to happen but eventually it does it,
especially in a multi-page document that is scrolled really fast.

This happens to all our computers. Our computers are all less than a year
old (Dell and HP). They all run Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. We have all
Windows and Microsoft updates applied.

I see tons of postings on the Internet (outside of the Microsoft site)
talking about this problem, but no one has a definitive solution. I am hoping
someone here has a solution.

Manny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manny manny is offline

Unfortunately, it is not any better. Funny, I can do other items on my
computer such as stream video, play online games, and image editing with
Photoshop but I cannot scroll up in Word. Amazing! I think this is a bug with
Word. Any other thoughts? Thanks, Manny

On Nov 23, 12:06 am, Manny wrote:
The text in a Word document duplicates when we use a wheel mouse to
scroll up. Sometimes it takes while for it to happen but eventually
it does it, especially in a multi-page document that is scrolled
really fast.

This happens to all our computers. Our computers are all less than
a year old (Dell and HP). They all run Windows XP Pro and Office
2003. We have all Windows and Microsoft updates applied.

I see tons of postings on the Internet (outside of the Microsoft
site) talking about this problem, but no one has a definitive
solution. I am hoping someone here has a solution.

Manny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manny manny is offline

Brilliant! I think the problem is fixed on my computer. I will test with
other computers. Thanks.

"Manny" wrote:

The text in a Word document duplicates when we use a wheel mouse to scroll
up. Sometimes it takes while for it to happen but eventually it does it,
especially in a multi-page document that is scrolled really fast.

This happens to all our computers. Our computers are all less than a year
old (Dell and HP). They all run Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. We have all
Windows and Microsoft updates applied.

I see tons of postings on the Internet (outside of the Microsoft site)
talking about this problem, but no one has a definitive solution. I am hoping
someone here has a solution.

Manny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] asvnc@yahoo.com is offline

I asked for the hotfix and got it in a zip file. I ended up with a
file called Winword. I have dozens of macros and settings in my Word
program and I am afraid of losing.
Please, could you tell me if all your Word settings, macros and addins
were saved, after installing this hotfix?
Thanks!
Alfred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manny manny is offline

I do not have any macros or other settings. Here's a link on how to backup
your settings so that you can restore them in case the hotfix alters them.

http://wordprocessing.about.com/od/w...vesettings.htm

~manny

" wrote:

I asked for the hotfix and got it in a zip file. I ended up with a
file called Winword. I have dozens of macros and settings in my Word
program and I am afraid of losing.
Please, could you tell me if all your Word settings, macros and addins
were saved, after installing this hotfix?
Thanks!
Alfred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Winword is the executable part of Word. Applying the hot fix will not affect
your personalisations, but by all means back them up
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm

wrote:
I asked for the hotfix and got it in a zip file. I ended up with a
file called Winword. I have dozens of macros and settings in my Word
program and I am afraid of losing.
Please, could you tell me if all your Word settings, macros and addins
were saved, after installing this hotfix?
Thanks!
Alfred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alfred[_2_] Alfred[_2_] is offline

Thank you both! Hotfix works perfect and no settings lost.