Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
peschrader peschrader is offline

Default Writing vertically in a table cell in Word

Hi !

I'm using MS Office Word 2003 and Windows XP.

How can I write in a table cell vertically like this:
?
Thank you very much for your kind help.
Peter
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Writing vertically in a table cell in Word

Hi Peter!

To write vertically in a table cell in Word, you can use the text box feature. Here are the steps:
  1. Click on the cell where you want to write vertically.
  2. Go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Text Box" in the "Text" section.
  3. Choose the "Simple Text Box" option.
  4. Click and drag the text box to the size you want.
  5. Type in your text vertically, pressing "Enter" after each letter.
  6. Adjust the text box as needed by clicking and dragging the edges.

That's it! Your text should now be written vertically in the table cell.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you really mean the orientation of the letters to be as shown, you just
type a letter, press Shift+Enter, type another, repeat. If you want to
rotate the orientation of the text 90 degrees, then use the Format | Text
Direction command.

http://word.mvps.org

"peschrader" wrote in message
Hi !

I'm using MS Office Word 2003 and Windows XP.

How can I write in a table cell vertically like this:
?
Thank you very much for your kind help.
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You will need to insert the characters inside a narrow textbox. Note
however, that you will have to manually size the height of the text box (it
will not expand as you add text) and to get the height of the table row to
match the height of the text box, the text box will have to be formatted so
that it is inline with text.

If you do not need each letter in the vertical orientation, you can just
right click in the cell and select Text direction and rotate the text
through plus or minus 90°

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"peschrader" wrote in message
Hi !

I'm using MS Office Word 2003 and Windows XP.

How can I write in a table cell vertically like this:
?
Thank you very much for your kind help.
Peter

mirandagold mirandagold is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peschrader View Post
Hi !

I'm using MS Office Word 2003 and Windows XP.

How can I write in a table cell vertically like this:
?
Thank you very much for your kind help.
Peter
You should use "transpose" option. Copy the data you need and when you'll paste it, choose the transpose paste option, using the right mouse button