Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LMB LMB is offline

Default Different formatting on different computers.

We have some "mangled" documents that were originally created in word 2.0.
the creator had 3 columns with 4 rows of text. Not all columns were filled
in with text. To get the 3 columns they used tabs and spaces (Argh!) Others
came along and tried to line up the text in columns so now the text is not
all lined up. Yet another person last week said she lined everything up
using tabs and spaces and said everything was fixed. She was working on the
documents remotly from home on one of our network drives. When I open the
documents on my computer, remotly, from the same drive, the text is not
lined up. I sent the document to my home computer and opened it up and it
looks better but certainly not the same. I have screenshots of both
documents with the paragraph marks on. Would anyone be willing to take a
look and see if they have any ideas? One is 105kb and the other is 78kb. I
could also send the document. I need help figuring out how to fix these
documents also, there are probably 100 or more that were done like this. I
tried changing text to table but I have no idea what number goes with what
column. I think I should insert a table above the text and then drag the
correct info then delete the mangled text.

Thanks,

Linda