Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
e125 e125 is offline

Default Direct Formatting vs. Character Formatting

Version of Word 2003: I would like to know what would be the best way to
preserve textual formatting in a document which I will be sending to an
editor. I have multiple instances where there is italics and bold text. Would
it be best to create a style called "Italics" and assign it the Ctrl + I
shortcut? And likewise for the bold? Or is there a better way of going about
this? The editor will be importing paragraph by paragraph into a template. I
want to make sure all of this formatting is preserved when he does so.

Also, I would like to know what you think would be the best way of identify
all the instances where this formatting is located. Unlike the paragraph
Styel, Word 2003's Character Styles do not have the helpful option "Select
all Instances of".

Thank you for your help.