Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane@CRUE Diane@CRUE is offline

Default Word won't maintain default settings I set for all new documents?

I have set the default settings in Home - Font for my default font and in
Page Layout-Page Set Up for my margin settings. I selected 'Yes' so the
default will pertain to all new documents. The defaults don't stay.
Opening/starting a new document goes back to the original settings when my
computer was set up with Microsoft Word 2007. How can I keep my new default
settings for all future documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are on a corporate network you might be prevented to make font
changes. Talk to the administrator.

On the other hand, if you are using a stand-alone (or home) computer, you
may have installed a poorly designed add-in which doesn't allow you to save
to the Normal template. A work-around that you can use is the following:
Open the Normal template as a file (in the Open dialog box, click Trusted
Templates, select Normal, and click Open) and make the font changes directly
to the Normal style. Save and close the file.

A long-term solution is to uninstall the add-in.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news