Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jalw jalw is offline

Default Adding 'Open Document' to Start Menu Office 2007

I was able to add the 'open document' to the start menu in office 2003.
How can I do this in 2007?

Any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There isn't any Start menu in Office; Open is a command under the
Office button (top left) of Word2007, and either already is on or can
easily be added to the Quick Access Toolbar.

On Dec 14, 3:05*pm, jalw wrote:
I was able to add the 'open document' to the start menu in office 2003.
How can I do this in 2007?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Ctrl + O also displays the Open dialog box. Ctrl + N will open a new
blank document. Keyboard shortcuts are much faster than grabbing for
the mouse to click on icons.

Cheryl

On Dec 14, 12:05*pm, jalw wrote:
I was able to add the 'open document' to the start menu in office 2003.
How can I do this in 2007?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are referring to the Start menu in Windows, you can do the following:
Right-click the Start button on the taskbar. From the context menu, choose
Open. Add a shortcut to the desired folder; the shortcut will then be
available when you click the Start button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP