necctk

Default Document (saved from Access) not responding to page set-up instr

I just got a new XP computer. I save ad-hoc reports from Access to Word.
The first time I did this with my new computer, the page set-up in Word did
not respond correctly. Word inferred the report as landscape and 8 1/2 X 14
with correct margins. However, the text is shown incorrectly and prints
incorrectly. Column headings are on 2 lines, instead of 1. Some info is
completely missing. I have done everything I know how to make the text in
Word convert to look like it should and does in the Access report. Any
suggestions will be most helpful.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bmVjY3Rr?=,

I just got a new XP computer. I save ad-hoc reports from Access to Word.
The first time I did this with my new computer, the page set-up in Word did
not respond correctly. Word inferred the report as landscape and 8 1/2 X 14
with correct margins. However, the text is shown incorrectly and prints
incorrectly. Column headings are on 2 lines, instead of 1. Some info is
completely missing. I have done everything I know how to make the text in
Word convert to look like it should and does in the Access report.

This is a question of how Access exports the information to RTF format. Word
simply opens the RTF document Access generates and displays the result. IOW,
it's an Access, not a Word problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

necctk

Cindy M - Being an Access problem makes sense except I never had a problem
with my old version of Word. I'm using Access 2000 & Word 2003. My old
computer had an earlier version of Word. Is there anything I can do to get
the Access info to format correctly into Word? Page set-up is correct in
Access & displays correctly in Access. Will an updated version of Access
solve this problem?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bmVjY3Rr?=,

I just got a new XP computer. I save ad-hoc reports from Access to Word.
The first time I did this with my new computer, the page set-up in Word did
not respond correctly. Word inferred the report as landscape and 8 1/2 X 14
with correct margins. However, the text is shown incorrectly and prints
incorrectly. Column headings are on 2 lines, instead of 1. Some info is
completely missing. I have done everything I know how to make the text in
Word convert to look like it should and does in the Access report.

This is a question of how Access exports the information to RTF format. Word
simply opens the RTF document Access generates and displays the result. IOW,
it's an Access, not a Word problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bmVjY3Rr?=,

Being an Access problem makes sense except I never had a problem
with my old version of Word. I'm using Access 2000 & Word 2003. My old
computer had an earlier version of Word. Is there anything I can do to get
the Access info to format correctly into Word? Page set-up is correct in
Access & displays correctly in Access. Will an updated version of Access
solve this problem?

I'd try asking this in an Access newsgroup.

The only thing I can suggest, as far as the Word side goes, would be to open
such an Access export, then fiddle with the margins in File/Page Setup. It's
possible that the default page setup in Word 2003 changed, which would make
things break differently. Also, the default table behavior changed in Word
2002, this could also be playing a roll.

The missing information almost has to be an Access problem, but as I say, you
should try asking Access folks who may use this feature on a regular basis.