Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. is offline

Default Add or delete comments in protected document

Thanks for the information, Jay. I managed to find a workaround. The form was
simple - it just had a couple of checkboxes. I switched to using ActiveX
checkbox controls, so I don't have to protect the document at all.

~ Horatio

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Sorry, you cannot both insert comments and protect any section for forms
simultaneously. When you want to insert a comment, you'll have to unprotect
the document temporarily.

If this is something you do often, use the Lock button on the Forms toolbar
in Word 2003 and earlier, or add that command to the Quick Access Toolbar in
Word 2007. One click will unprotect the document, and a second click will
reprotect it, preserving the section-by-section protection status.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. wrote:
In my document, I protected the second section for filling in forms,
but now I cannot add or delete comments in the first section of the
document.

I want to be able to freely edit and add/delete comments in the first
section, but be able to fill in the form in the second section.

Thanks for any help,
Horatio

.