Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jon999 jon999 is offline

Default Spell Checker 7 Grammar DOES NOT WORK IN OFFICE/WORD 2007

In relation to the message below my spell checker and grammar is also not
working - i have been through the usual stuff e.g. making sure checking is
enabled via the 'proofing' section but nothing works - i almost feel like
going back to Word 2003 but i have tried and it's not that easy.

HELP!!
--
Cheers,
Jon

Subject: Spell Check DOES NOT WORK for office 2007 8/22/2008 1:43 PM
PST

By: Terry Farrell In: microsoft.public.word.application.errors

Uninstalling/Reinstalling is nearly always a total waste of time because
none of the users settings, macros, add-ins, templates or registry entries
are changed.

Open your document, use ctrl+a to SelectAll. Select the Review Tab and click
on Set Language. Make sure that YOUR local language is selected and that
both the check boxes at the bottom are Deselected and then press the DEFAULT
button.

Now go to Word Options, Proofing tab (Alt+F, I, P) and make sure that the
Check Spieling while you type option is checked.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jim" Jim @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I have uninstalled office 07 several times. It still does not fix the
issue.
When I check the proofing it says that it is using US English, but no red
lines under the words, and it does not auto check the spelling either.

How do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check whether the following key appears in the registry and if it does,
delete it "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing
Tools\1.0\Override"

jon999 wrote:
In relation to the message below my spell checker and grammar is also
not working - i have been through the usual stuff e.g. making sure
checking is enabled via the 'proofing' section but nothing works - i
almost feel like going back to Word 2003 but i have tried and it's
not that easy.

HELP!!
--
Cheers,