Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word confused Word confused is offline

Default Emailed Word Doc

I had a Word Doc emailed to me today. It is a resume that has a fair amount
of formatting. I am using Word 2003 as well as the person who created the
document and emailed it. However when I open it up on my computer, the
formatting is a bit off. Text/spacing seems to be slightly larger and the
whole document is stretched past the 1 page it is supposed to be along with
some other problems. I have double checked every setting and everything
checks out. I can even email the doc on to somebody else and it opens up
just fine, so I am assuming it is a viewing problem/setting. I am using a
laptop that has a widescreen format. Could this be an issue?? I welcome any
help somebody could provide, thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word Confused Word Confused is offline

But does a print driver have anything to do with how I see it on my screen?
This is happening as a view it on my screen, not after printing. Thanks for
you help!!

-Dan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm. As CyberTaz
indicates, the discrepancy is usually due to the printer driver.

"Word Confused" Word wrote in message
I had a Word Doc emailed to me today. It is a resume that has a fair

amount
of formatting. I am using Word 2003 as well as the person who created the
document and emailed it. However when I open it up on my computer, the
formatting is a bit off. Text/spacing seems to be slightly larger and the
whole document is stretched past the 1 page it is supposed to be along

with
some other problems. I have double checked every setting and everything
checks out. I can even email the doc on to somebody else and it opens up
just fine, so I am assuming it is a viewing problem/setting. I am using a
laptop that has a widescreen format. Could this be an issue?? I welcome

any
help somebody could provide, thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word Confused Word Confused is offline

Thank you for your help! Does font substitution apply when both the creator
and I use the same version of Word and have the same fonts on both ends?
This is very puzzling to me. Is there a new print driver I could download
that might help view it correctly? Thanks!

-Dan

"CyberTaz" wrote:

There could be other possibilities, but the 2 most common are a) font
substitution, and b) differences in printer drivers. Separately or in
combination they can cause minor to major discrepancies in how the doc
displays and prints on different systems.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/22/07 11:10 PM, in article