Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alamo Jo Alamo Jo is offline

Default 2007- Floating Font/Formatting Menu

How do I get rid of that floating Font/Character Spacing Mini Menu that pops
up when you right-click to fix a typo and it ends up blocking it. Or when
you float over the Font area of the HOME ribbon to press in the arrow to get
the dialog box? That thing pops up and blocks the arrow and all I want to
do is to get the the font area to use the double strikethrough. It just
slows me down and I want to get rid of it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's probably the very first line that shows up in Office button
Word options: Show Mini-Toolbar on selection.