John Shaening

Default Merge Field Names showing after Document Converted

Using the Mail Merge Helper in Word 2000 I have selected the "restore to
Normal Word Document" option. When I attempt to print the document the Merge
Field Names versus Merge Field values somehow reappear in the document. The
Toggle Fields option displays either «CLM_FIRST» or {MERGEFIELD CLM_FIRST}.

The only option I have enabled in the Print Tab is the "Update Fields".

Thanks

John Shaening
Cindy Meister

Hi John

If you use "Restore to Normal Word document", all that does is break the
link to the data source. It doesn't remove any merge fields. Nor does it
replace the merge fields with the values of the record which you were
viewing, at the time.

You don't mention what you expect it should do?

If you want to "lock" the last thing you were looking at, then Ctrl+A,
Ctrl+Shift+F9 will convert all selected fields to plain text.

If you want to remove the merge fields entirely, then Alt+F9 to view the
field codes. Then do a Find/replace. Find: ^d Merge and replace with nothing.

-- Cindy

"John Shaening" wrote:

Using the Mail Merge Helper in Word 2000 I have selected the "restore to
Normal Word Document" option. When I attempt to print the document the Merge
Field Names versus Merge Field values somehow reappear in the document. The
Toggle Fields option displays either «CLM_FIRST» or {MERGEFIELD CLM_FIRST}.

The only option I have enabled in the Print Tab is the "Update Fields".

Thanks

John Shaening

Insert source texts into multiple files and update automatically robfer Microsoft Word Help 9 September 12th 07 10:10 PM
MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF THE SAME BOOKMARK IN A USER FORM Carol Microsoft Word Help 20 October 3rd 06 12:41 AM
How do I force an AutoText field to update on document save? voyageria Microsoft Word Help 1 May 2nd 05 09:32 PM
Includetext Merge Field Jan Mailmerge 1 April 19th 05 01:36 AM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM