Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephen at ZennHAUS Stephen at ZennHAUS is offline

Default Document Properties in Word 2007

Hi Everyone,

In previous versions of Word, you could turn on an option to display the
properties dialog box every time a new document was saved. Pretty easy.

Who can tell me how to do this in Word 2007. Can't find the option
anywhere.

--
Stephen @ ZennHAUS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Developer tab (if it's not showing, turn it on in Word Options -
Popular), click Document Panel. At the bottom of the Document Information
Panel dialog box, tick the Always show document information panel... option.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Stephen at ZennHAUS" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

In previous versions of Word, you could turn on an option to display the
properties dialog box every time a new document was saved. Pretty easy.

Who can tell me how to do this in Word 2007. Can't find the option
anywhere.

--
Stephen @ ZennHAUS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephen at ZennHAUS Stephen at ZennHAUS is offline

Thanks Herb

It's needlesly complicated compared with 2003, but it works.

--
Stephen @ ZennHAUS

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
In the Developer tab (if it's not showing, turn it on in Word Options -
Popular), click Document Panel. At the bottom of the Document Information
Panel dialog box, tick the Always show document information panel...
option.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Stephen at ZennHAUS" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

In previous versions of Word, you could turn on an option to display the
properties dialog box every time a new document was saved. Pretty easy.

Who can tell me how to do this in Word 2007. Can't find the option
anywhere.

--
Stephen @ ZennHAUS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad to help. I suspect that there's an attempt to move organizations more
towards InfoPath, which ultimately provides more versatility. However, for
those for whom the Document Information approach from earlier versions
worked fine, this does appear to be going against the law of parsimony. ;-)