Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Q3 CEO Q3 CEO is offline

Default New Error

I have files sent to me via e-mail from a remote office each day. I have
never had any issues opening them in the past. Tonight however, I am unable
to open the sent word file and I receive this error.

"Can't create file:filename.doc. Right-click the folder you want to create
the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menue to check your
permissions for the folder."

I have went back to previous days of files that I have already been able to
open and I now can not open these files either. I have not changed anything
on the computer since this morning when I opened last evenings file. Perhaps
an update has changed my access to files?

I am open to suggestions on how I may be able to resolve this issue.