Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Blank Page Shows Up

I have a document that the general manager of our company is screaming for.
The document is divided into three sections. The last section looks great on
screen, but when I print it or view the Print Preview, a blank page shows up
at the front of that section.

I'm using { PAGE } of { SECTIONPAGES } for my page numbering in the last
section. There are only supposed to be two pages in that section, but the
pages print as blank, 1 of 3, and 2 of 3. They look fine on screen.

I have searched for hidden page breaks, and there are none. I've reset the
section break to make sure it's set to next page. I've searched for anything
formatted as "Page Break Before" or "Keep with Next ¶," but there isn't
anything.

When I set the section break to Continuous, the extra page disappears, and
the heading for the last section appears after the last line of the preceding
section. But then when I re-set it back to Next Page, the mystery page shows
back up again.

Can anybody help me before my manager rips my head off? I like my head
where it is.

Fred