Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

Default Alternating page numbers in portrait and landscape

I am trying to format my dissertation using the page number command (under
header and footer tab). I have my sections in portrait and landscape with
the numbers of pages sequentially on all the pages. I even have the page
numbers in the proper location (portrait - top right & landscape - bottom
right), however I cannot rotate the landscape page numbers since they are not
in a table nor can I use the footer command b/c I have more than just one
page (twelve in landscape thus far).

Does anyone know how I can rotate the numbers in the landscape portion of
the document? I have viewed all I can find in these community forums but
none have had the same issue that I can find. Any help is much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

BTW - I am not interested in dummy pages b/c I need to submit my dissertation
electronically in PDF format so they will not work in this case b/c I will
not be submitting a printed copy.

"Edward" wrote:

I am trying to format my dissertation using the page number command (under
header and footer tab). I have my sections in portrait and landscape with
the numbers of pages sequentially on all the pages. I even have the page
numbers in the proper location (portrait - top right & landscape - bottom
right), however I cannot rotate the landscape page numbers since they are not
in a table nor can I use the footer command b/c I have more than just one
page (twelve in landscape thus far).

Does anyone know how I can rotate the numbers in the landscape portion of
the document? I have viewed all I can find in these community forums but
none have had the same issue that I can find. Any help is much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

PS: I am using Word 2007. Also, I cannot use "dummy pages" b/c I need to
submit the document electronically in PDF format. I will not be submitting a
printed copy (as in the old days).

"Edward" wrote:

I am trying to format my dissertation using the page number command (under
header and footer tab). I have my sections in portrait and landscape with
the numbers of pages sequentially on all the pages. I even have the page
numbers in the proper location (portrait - top right & landscape - bottom
right), however I cannot rotate the landscape page numbers since they are not
in a table nor can I use the footer command b/c I have more than just one
page (twelve in landscape thus far).

Does anyone know how I can rotate the numbers in the landscape portion of
the document? I have viewed all I can find in these community forums but
none have had the same issue that I can find. Any help is much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

Thanks. I have seen that document but it doesn't address my needs at this
point. I just spoke to one of the senior staff at our computer help desk at
the Univ. and they tell me that Microsoft removed that function from Word
2007. How disappointing!

"Edward" wrote in message
I am trying to format my dissertation using the page number command (under
header and footer tab). I have my sections in portrait and landscape with
the numbers of pages sequentially on all the pages. I even have the page
numbers in the proper location (portrait - top right & landscape - bottom
right), however I cannot rotate the landscape page numbers since they are
not
in a table nor can I use the footer command b/c I have more than just one
page (twelve in landscape thus far).

Does anyone know how I can rotate the numbers in the landscape portion of
the document? I have viewed all I can find in these community forums but
none have had the same issue that I can find. Any help is much
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

The function to rotate page numbers using Text Direction in alternating
portrait and landscape pages using the regular header and footer page number
commands.

"Edward" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That has not been possible in any version of Word. In order to rotate text
you must have it in a text box, frame, or table cell. If you used Insert |
Page Numbers in an earlier version of Word (as opposed to the Insert Page
Number command on the Header and Footer toolbar), then the page number was
already in a frame.