Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lfessler lfessler is offline

Default Word documents that save in XML format

I use Office 2007 and for some reason all of my documents are saving into XML
format (which I hate) and I cannot save them in Word format, and I cannot
convert them into Word format.

I have used Office 2007 every since it came out and have use office for many
years. My OS is Windows 7 - Home Preimum upgrade from Vista.

Can anyone please help me with settings that will allow me to save all of my
documents in Word format and how I can convert XML documents back to Word
format. I really hate XML, not sure how it go on my computer, but am
guessing it may of had something to do with Windows 7, as this problem (to
the best of my knowledge ) did not exist prior to my Windows 7 upgrade.

It is very frustrating and of course Wordpad/XML documents are really
terrible and have limited functionality. I love Word and would appreicate
help from any one hopefully an MVP who can help solve the problem by getting
rid of Wordpad/XML, or advising me how to change setting so my documents will
ALWAYS be in word format and never in WORDPAD/XML format.

I am an old geezer and really need some help here.

Thank you very much ---- Larry
--
Larry D