Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mdevillez mdevillez is offline

Default How can I compare documents without merging them?

I am looking to find the changes in a final document that has been made to
the draft document. I do not want to merge the two together.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Try merging the €śdraft€ť document with a copy of the €śfinal€ť document, and
only transfer the €śgood€ť changes to the final €śfinal€ť document.
Best of luck
DeanH

"mdevillez" wrote:

I am looking to find the changes in a final document that has been made to
the draft document. I do not want to merge the two together.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vince T Vince T is offline

Try using Tools¦Track Changes¦Compare Documents. Word will then highlight
the changes made in the final version compared with the draft. Make sure you
rename the document Word has now created as something else (eg
Comparison.doc) to prevent overwriting your final version with the tracked
changes. You can also use track changes to 'accept' or 'reject' each chnage
made to the draft version and so arrive at a new final version if you wish.