Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B B is offline

Default Footers

I need to change part of my footer on 1 page. When I change it, it changes it
thru the intire document. How do you do it on one page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Enable the "Different first page" option in the Page Setup dialog box. Then
you have a separate first page footer (and a separate first page header,
too).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"b" wrote in message
I need to change part of my footer on 1 page. When I change it, it changes
it
thru the intire document. How do you do it on one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That was my first reaction, too, Stefan, until I reread the message and saw
it said "1 page" and not "page 1." If the single page *is* page 1, then of
course this method will work.

"b" wrote in message
I need to change part of my footer on 1 page. When I change it, it

changes
it
thru the intire document. How do you do it on one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B B is offline

You are correct. The page I need to change is number 42. I need to change a
single page and not the first page. Thanks

"b" wrote in message
I need to change part of my footer on 1 page. When I change it, it

changes
it
thru the intire document. How do you do it on one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Will the page always be page 42? If so, you can use an IF field such as { IF
{ PAGE } = 42 "" "Footer you want on all the other pages" } Note that you
can paste anything in between that last pair of quotes.

If the page number is variable, though, you'll need to insert at least one
section break. You could section the page off on its own, or you can insert
just the break before it and format its section as "Different first page,"
leaving the First Page Footer empty.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That was my first reaction, too, Stefan, until I reread the message and

saw
it said "1 page" and not "page 1." If the single page *is* page 1, then

of
course this method will work.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Footers Bryler911 Microsoft Word Help 2 August 14th 07 11:24 PM
footers hparch Microsoft Word Help 1 May 17th 06 07:42 PM
Footers John McC Microsoft Word Help 9 November 23rd 05 04:28 PM
Getting different footers Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 4 June 20th 05 05:50 PM