Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Default altering the positions of tabs on the ribbon: ribbon customization

Hi All,
I'd like to change my Word2007 ribbon so that the Addins tabs is either to the immediate right or left of my Home tab. I am using
the a Custom UI editor and the ribbon code in the attached template at present is:
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?
customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"
ribbon
tabs
tab idMso="TabHome" label="EMR-Home"
group id="CustomGroup" label="toolbars" insertBeforeMso="GroupClipboard"
button id="Btn1" label="a 2003 toolbar" imageMso="VisualBasic"
onAction="RibbonControl.MyBtnMacro" /
button id="Btn2" label="Familiar old toolbar" imageMso="VisualBasic"
onAction="RibbonControl.MyBtnMacro2" /
button id="Btn3" label="EMR toolbar" imageMso="VisualBasic"
onAction="RibbonControl.MyBtnMacro3" /
button id="GroupAddinsCustomToolbars" label="EMRmoved" imageMso="VisualBasic"
onAction="RibbonControl.GroupAddinsCustomToolbars" /
/group
/tab
tab idMso="TabAddIns" label="EMR-Addins"
/tab
/tabs
/ribbon
/customUI

I understand that I can hide a tab with something like the following for the insert tab:
tab idMso="TabInsert" visible="false" /

How would I change my code to get what I am seeking?

Cheers,
Gil
Ten Second Medical RecordTM
http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com
http://www.KeyChainEMR.com
Asheville, North Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think that you will need to create a custom tab that replicates the Addins
tab and use

insertAfterMso="TabHome"

attribute.

You would of course then want to hide the built-in Addins tab by setting its
visible attribute to false using

tab idMso = "TabAddIns"
visible="false"
/tab

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"gil" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Thanks Doug,

I will gradually be able to construct a replica of my prior toolbar that I now have under Addins. But it'll likely take me a year
because there is a lot in it. I was hoping to avoid that. I am intending now to put it all in a UserForm for easier ongoing
modification. It sure would be neat to have a "toolbar export" function of some sort.

I do hear you: insertAfterMso="TabHome"

Thanks And Cheers,

Gil

Ribbon Tabs Allison New Users 1 September 29th 09 06:29 PM
ribbon customization for table borders Peter T. Daniels Microsoft Word Help 26 September 2nd 09 08:14 PM
How to restore ribbon and active tabs in word 2007? ambero78 Microsoft Word Help 4 July 23rd 09 05:18 AM
Altering left margin but keeping tab positions unchanged? Bert Coules New Users 9 November 5th 08 02:38 PM
Word automatically tabs back to the home ribbon Drifter Microsoft Word Help 5 May 5th 07 02:43 AM