Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect is offline

Default Widows/Orphans

I want to have the widows/orphans box UNCHECKED as default. I do I change it
so that it's not the default?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect"
rosoft.com wrote in
message ...
I want to have the widows/orphans box UNCHECKED as default. I do I change

it
so that it's not the default?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Create a new document based on your Normal template, display the Paragraph
dialog box, remove the "Widows/Orphans" option and then click Default at the
bottom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect"
rosoft.com wrote in
message ...
I want to have the widows/orphans box UNCHECKED as default. I do I change
it
so that it's not the default?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

The answer I was looking for was in your previous post: in the FAQ. In Word 2007, right click on the style, click modify, click format, paragraph, uncheck widows/orphans, click apply to all new documents, okay.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

A Default... button has been added to both tabs of the Paragraph dialog box
in 2007 (it wasn't even there in the betas I worked wtih).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ah, very helpful then.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Font dialog has a Default... button; the Paragraph dialog does not

(at
least not in Word 2003--possibly in Word 2007?).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.