Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Stefan is offline

Default Text Box Spell Check

I have a word doc with text boxes created from the form toolbar. I am trying
to be able to spell check the document.

I unlock the document and then run the spell check however only some of the
text boxes actually get checked.

Can anybody help me with spell checking word text boxes.

Thanks in advance

Stefan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?U3RlZmFu?=,

I have a word doc with text boxes created from the form toolbar. I am trying
to be able to spell check the document.

I unlock the document and then run the spell check however only some of the
text boxes actually get checked.

Can anybody help me with spell checking word text boxes.

Which version of Word?

What is the difference between the text boxes that do get checked and those that
do not? (Did you insert some from a different toolbar, for example?)

When you say "spell check the document" do you mean by pressing F7, or do you
use something else? Is the document protected as a form when you do the spell
check?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Stefan is offline

I am using the regular spell check f7 or the abc box from the toolbar.

I actually tried to delete and recreate the boxes that were not being spell
checked.

I am creating the text boxes from the form toolbar.

In general what would be the proper protocol for spell checking these types
of documents? Are there any special macros?

Stefan

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?U3RlZmFu?=,

I have a word doc with text boxes created from the form toolbar. I am trying
to be able to spell check the document.

I unlock the document and then run the spell check however only some of the
text boxes actually get checked.

Can anybody help me with spell checking word text boxes.

Which version of Word?

What is the difference between the text boxes that do get checked and those that
do not? (Did you insert some from a different toolbar, for example?)

When you say "spell check the document" do you mean by pressing F7, or do you
use something else? Is the document protected as a form when you do the spell
check?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There is a macro at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm that does
essentially what you're trying to do manually. If the manual check skips some
boxes, then it's almost certain that the macro will do the same.

The most common reason for text to be skipped is that it's formatted as "Do not
check spelling or grammar". To look for this, put the cursor in some text that
isn't being checked, go to Tools Language Set Language, and look at the
check box below the language list.

If that box is checked, select all the text in the document (Ctrl+A), return to
that dialog, and uncheck it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 10:28:02 -0700, Stefan
wrote:

I am using the regular spell check f7 or the abc box from the toolbar.

I actually tried to delete and recreate the boxes that were not being spell
checked.

I am creating the text boxes from the form toolbar.

In general what would be the proper protocol for spell checking these types
of documents? Are there any special macros?

Stefan

Hi ?B?U3RlZmFu?=,