Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicky Vicky is offline

Default Using Ask Fields in Word 2007

I am creating a template in which I have included several ASK fields with
their corresponding REF fields. When I create a document based on the
template, I would like the ASK fields to display for updating. Everything I
am reading says that when you open a doc that contains an ASK field, it will
automatically prompt the user for the answer, this is not happening. I have
to manual update the fields, and since there are several, I would like this
to happen automatically. I realize I could do Select all and then F9 but
was hoping I didnt have to. I considered writing a macro, but I wanted to
make sure that there wasnt a simpler way I was missing. If a macro is the
solution, could you give details please!
Thanks very much.
And, Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

I don't know how you can do what you want without adding to the template an
AutoNew macro, which updates all fields and displays the prompt(s) you want.
Follow this link for Graham Mayor's macro (just change UpdatAall to Autonew).