Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WeeBs WeeBs is offline

Default Autocorrect changes the format of my currency amounts to coordinat

My version of MS Word (2003 with SP3) is automatically reformatting numerical
(value) text that I type in as 123 456.789 to 123 456.78, but with a degrees
symbol in the place of the space between the 3 and the 4. (Sorry, copy and
paste doesn't show the special characters properly......)
I have checked all the options on all the tabs under the Autocorrect
settings, but cannot find any settings or options to turn off.

Any ideas please?

TIA,
WeeBs
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The symbol represents a non-breaking space. It shows you, on-screen, where
the space is, but it does not print. If you do not want to see this and
similar characters you can toggle the Word setting with Ctrl+*.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

format column for currency Rick Tables 6 September 18th 07 11:07 PM
Format Currency Todd K. Mailmerge 2 November 14th 06 06:00 PM
Currency format kai Mailmerge 1 January 12th 06 05:01 AM
Currency fields in Access lose th currency format whn merged why PMasters Mailmerge 1 June 1st 05 08:13 PM
how to format currency Dan Mailmerge 1 March 4th 05 07:47 AM