Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jbclem jbclem is offline

Default formating width of document Word 2002

I'd like to change the default width of all documents so that the margins
are wider than they are currently. Could someone show me how to do this,
it's not readily apparent to me. I'm using Word 2002.

Thanks,

jc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can change the defaults for new documents easily enough: in a new
document, without making any other changes, go to Page Setup, change the
margins as desired, click Default..., and answer yes. But this will not
affect existing documents.

http://word.mvps.org

"jbclem" wrote in message
I'd like to change the default width of all documents so that the margins
are wider than they are currently. Could someone show me how to do this,
it's not readily apparent to me. I'm using Word 2002.

Thanks,

jc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jbclem jbclem is offline

Thank you, that was nice and easy...just as I hoped. I was looking under
the Format menus and didn't think to look under File.

John