stuving

Default Back arrow leads to wrong hyperlink

I have some documents that use internal "hyperlinks" a lot for
cross-references, so you need to use the back arrow (in or from the web
toolbar) to make them readable. That was fine with Word 97, but does not work
on my current version of Word 2003. The back arrow always takes me back to
the first link I followed in the document, not the latest one.

What is really odd about this is that other pople with the same set-up
(Windows 2000 pro, and built by our IT departement from the same sources)
work fine. Re-installing Word made no difference, neither did replacing my
profile or normal.dot. Outside Word, on real hyperlinks, the arrows on the
web toolbars work fine.

Can anyone suggest anywhere else there might be a setting that could have
this effect? Otherwise ithis PC going to need to be rebuilt from scratch.
--
Stuart
Anne Troy

Try the registry fix (Step 3):