Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
activesinger

Default filename and path in a footer in 2007 beta 2?

I cannot seem to find the factility of inserting a file name and path in the
footer of a Word 2007 beta 2 document. This is a gnereal practice in the UK
at least to include this information in a footer; it was realtively painless
in 2003 but I cannot find the options in 2007. Any help you can offer would
be appreciated.

Kindest regards

Roger
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy

Roger,

Click on the insert tab and choose footer on the ribbon. Click Edit Footer.
Click Quick Parts on the ribbon. Click field and then choose Filename.
Check Add path to filename.

Andy

"activesinger" wrote:

I cannot seem to find the factility of inserting a file name and path in the
footer of a Word 2007 beta 2 document. This is a gnereal practice in the UK
at least to include this information in a footer; it was realtively painless
in 2003 but I cannot find the options in 2007. Any help you can offer would
be appreciated.

Kindest regards

Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
activesinger

Andy

Thank you so much for your most helpful reply. I do not think I would have
solved the issue on my own even if I had sat at the PC for a month of
Sundays. You are a scholar; thanks again.

Roger

"activesinger" wrote:

I cannot seem to find the factility of inserting a file name and path in the
footer of a Word 2007 beta 2 document. This is a gnereal practice in the UK
at least to include this information in a footer; it was realtively painless
in 2003 but I cannot find the options in 2007. Any help you can offer would
be appreciated.

Kindest regards

Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RAFLOW RAFLOW is offline

Andy, you are a genious. I am not very happy with Word 2007. I think is
not-friendly, but thanks there are people like you. I believe Microsoft is
going backwards, but people like you help them not to go back too fast.
Thanks a million. You are great!

Raflow