Tom H

Default Prices, Word/Office for Home Use

I would like to update my Office or Word for Home Use but I keep seeing
prices at $200 plus which many of us in this town simply can't afford.
Am I looking at the wrong Microsoft product or can this possibly be the
actual prices that are now being charged by Microsoft?
If so, what alternative is there that has a much more reasonable price
attached?
--
Tom H

If you can be satisfied with Word 2002 (instead of 2003, which is the latest
version), the most reasonable way to get it is as part of Works Suite 2005,
which includes Word 2002 and five other useful apps for as little as $70 or
so after the $20 mail-in rebate currently in effect. See
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001 and
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...tware&n=229534