Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Vicki Vicki is offline

Default column wrapping wrong on next page

I have my page split in two columns, my second column has more verbage in it
than the first column, everything works fine until the end of the page and
after the page break the second column switches over to the first column
area. Please help. I am sure it must be an easy fix that I am just
overlooking

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Your columns act as columns are supposed to do. You could insert a column
break in the start of the first column of page 2 to force your content to
move to column 2. However, if you want certain content to remain in the first
column and other content to remain in the second column, you could insert
your data in 2-column tables instead of ordinary columns.

If you create only a single table with 2 columns and 1 row and insert all
data in that table, the row can continue from page to page, still keeping
left- and right-column data separated. If the row stops at the bottom of the
first page even if you insert more data, select Table Table Properties
Row tab and turn on the €śAllow row to break across pages€ť check button.

If you want the data on each page to be separate: create one table per page,
each with 2 columns and 1 row.

If you need information about working with tables, see the articles at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...ableBasics.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Vicki" wrote:

I have my page split in two columns, my second column has more verbage in it
than the first column, everything works fine until the end of the page and
after the page break the second column switches over to the first column
area. Please help. I am sure it must be an easy fix that I am just
overlooking

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What are you trying to use: table columns or text columns?

If you are using text columns, something could be wrong with the
settings. You can try fixing it via Format | Columns: First, click the
"One" option, click OK. This should fix any corrupt settings for
column width. Then, go back to the dialog box and set the desired
option (number of columns, spacing, etc.).

To learn more about text columns vs table columns, see this article:

The strait and narrow: using columns
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm

--
Stefan Blom